Still You Weep

Disclaimer: Same as always, peeps.

Bulma knew that Vegeta hated to show any feelings besides annoyance and anger, or amusement. He was so withdrawn, pulled inside himself from all those years with only Nappa for company. From the destruction of his planet and almost all of his people. It was strange, how quiet he could be sometimes.

Looking at the clock, she yawned. It was three in the morning. Yawning again, she snuggled into Vegeta's arms. They twitched slightly, and moved to fold around her, filling her with his warmth. Something warm and wet dripped onto her face and trickled down next to her ear and onto the pillow. Her eyes widened, and she twisted around to look at his face. That...

Was that tears coming out of his eyes?

Yes, it was. But Vegeta didn't cry. He never cried. Did he? Yes, he did. He was crying in his sleep. Never, ever had she seen him doing anything this emotional. Never ever, never ever in the entire time that had been together. A choked whisper came out of his mouth.

"You're awake, Bulma?"

Nodding, she whispered back. "Yes, Vegeta."

"Then you can see me. Don't look. I am ashamed of myself."

"Don't be. Crying is not something to be ashamed of. Everyone cries."

"The Saiyan Prince does not cry."

"Oh, to hell with the Saiyan Prince. You're you, not an institution."

"You're so beautiful."

Her heart nearly stopped. "What?"

"You're beautiful, and I love you. I've never told you that."

Smiling, she snuggled even closer to him, and his arms hugged her tightly. "I love you too, Vegeta. But now let's sleep."