Disclaimer: Dragonball Z belongs to FUNimation, TOEI Animation, Bird Studios, and Akira Toriyama. (And maybe some others.) This story is simply for the amusement of myself and others. I do not intend to use it to make money.

Utter Confusion (or, Yes, Female Sayains do Exist)

"Kakarot, wait! Do you mind if I hitch a ride to Earth?"

Goku blinked. He hadn't expected anyone to be even remotely near where he was besides the planet's inhabitants. But there was a short Sayain girl standing in front of him. Blinking again, he pondered this. How in the world did she get here? And why did she want to go to Earth.

Hearing as much from the man she thought of as Kakarot, the girl grinned. "I'm looking for someone. I think he might be there." She was wearing armor in exactly the same style as Vegeta had been when Goku had last seen him, except much cleaner and minus the hole in the back. She even looked like him, albeit that she still had a tail, was an inch or two shorter than Vegeta was, and her hair hung down her back in a wave instead of pointing up. There was a scouter with a purple lens over her right eye. "By the way, I'm Rehanna."

"Uhh…sure. Ok." Hopping into the spaceship, he made as much room as possible for the girl, who didn't really take up that much space and had curled up into a tiny little ball. The door closed and the ship zoomed off, heading towards Earth.

***********************************************************************************

Peering expectantly, the Z team, Trunks, Bulma, and Puar were quite glad to see Goku come out of his ship. Vegeta and Piccolo didn't show much emotion. He was home! As soon as he was all the way out of the crater, however, something odd happened. Someone who looked like a shorter, female version of Vegeta climbed out after him. She scanned the rim of the crater and suddenly looked very, very happy.

"VEGETA!" Taking off abruptly, the girl started zooming towards a very startled Vegeta. When she was three or four feet away, she stopped, bowed, then flew straight towards him again. Slamming into Vegeta, the girl forced him back three steps, nearly knocked him over, and almost crushed him in a huge hug. After disentangling himself, Vegeta stepped back several more paces. Everyone else was staring at them.

"Who are YOU?" He sounded grouchy, which wasn't much of a surprise, and startled, which was. Still smiling widely, the girl floated in the air. Twitching, her tail uncurled from around her waist. It waved around a bit, startling everyone even more than before. She produced something from behind her hair, something that appeared to be a slightly messed up copy of the Dragon Radar. However, it was purple, with two small red buttons, and the screen was blue instead of green. When she pressed one of the buttons, what looked like a hologram popped out of the screen. A perfect image of Vegeta, pink shirt and all. By now everybody was thoroughly surprised.

"Your little sister. Aren't you going to introduce me to all these people? Or should I ask Kakarot to do that?"

"This is impossible! I never had a sister!"

"Yes, you did. Dad just never told you about me. Do you like my hologram of you?" Still grinning ecstatically and floating, the girl seemed totally oblivious to Vegeta's mood. She was in just too happy to care about it. "I meant to ask before, is it Your Highness, or Vegeta, or just plain old sir?"

Vegeta stared at the girl. How could this be true? His father would surely have told him if he had a sister. Wouldn't he? And how had she gotten such a good hologram of him? "What?"

"You're the prince. It's only polite to ask the proper form of address. Doesn't mean I'll always use it, though. My name is Rehanna." Rehanna was delighted. She had been right! Finally, she had met her brother! Just for the sheer joy of it all, she did a back flip in midair and shot something out of her finger at the sky. Flying up, it stopped in a colorful explosion. "One other question. Why are you wearing pink?"

Of course, this made Vegeta even more annoyed. "Never mind that. Now, before I answer your question, will you answer a few of mine?"

"Shoot."

"First, I want you to explain exactly who you are, where you're from, how you knew I was here, how you got that hologram, and how you know Kakarot."

"As I said, I'm your little sister, from Vegetasei, of course. I had a hunch you'd be here, and Dad's technicians made the hologram projector for me right before I went into space. It's linked to you somehow. It changes appearance as you grow older, so I can see exactly how you look at any time. I don't really know Kakarot all that well. The only reason I know about him is because I met his brother." Rehanna shuddered. "Taurus was most definitely one of the nastiest people I've ever met. And an idiot to boot. He thought all women were weaklings. Had to shoot a Korican Hy up his nose before he would even pay attention to me. Whatever happened to him, anyway?"

Having no answer to this, Vegeta looked around, trying to find some excuse to get away from this insane girl. Failing in this regard, he just flew off. Most of the rest of the time he floated in his usual mood.

"One question. How did you get here? This includes you, kid, whoever you are." This question was posed by Piccolo.

"I'm sure you noticed, Namek. I hitched a ride with Kakarot." That was Rehanna.

"Ahm…well…I can't say," said the young man with purple hair. He was blushing slightly.

Yawning, Rehanna smiled a small smile. She appeared to dematerialize for a moment, only to reappear right behind Vegeta. "And now, I need to discuss something with my irritable brother." Reaching out before Vegeta could react, she took very firm hold on the top of his ear and hauled him off. Obviously, he wasn't very happy about this, but her grip appeared to be very strong, and in exactly the right spot.

Everyone else watched Vegeta trying to make his sister let go of his ear as she pulled him away. An unheard conversation ensued between them. In the course of said conversation, Vegeta appeared to become very angry, and began gesticulating wildly. Piccolo, the only person who heard what was being said, looked quite amused at that point. After a while, the two Sayains came back and the mysterious young man who had defeated Frieza went off to the side with Goku for a chat. When they started fighting, everyone else watched intently.

"I love watching a good battle. It's like an exquisite dance," Rehanna remarked. When she was sure that they were done, she flew off a ways. Those who looked saw that she was doing what appeared to be aerial gymnastics.

There was quite a long discussion, in which Goku talked quite a lot and demonstrated his new technique. During the talk about training, Rehanna spoke again.

"This is all very well and good, but I see one problem, at least for me. I plan on staying, both to help all of you and to keep an eye on my big brother. But, I have no place to stay. Any suggestions?"

"You do NOT need to keep an eye on me."

"From what I've gathered by watching my hologram, yes I do. I'd rather you didn't try anything stupid, like you did in that nasty incident with Frieza."

"Leave me alone."

"No."

"All right, then I order you to go away, woman!"

"Still no. I might listen to you sometimes, but at this moment I choose to defy your command."

"(mutter mutter) At home women ALWAYS listened." Vegeta looked extremely irritated.

"Yes, brother dear, but are we on Vegetasei? Since I left when I was young, I wasn't really raised there. Do I seem like the kind of person who follows orders without asking questions?"

"I cannot BELIEVE this! Go away!"

At this point Rehanna grinned in a slightly evil manner. "I'll power up, if you like. Do you need my scouter? I believe my maximum power level at this time is about….oh, 60, 70 thousand. It would be useful to have some confirmation on that. Or I could just shoot a Korican Hy up your nose, which would probably prove my point just as well. I'd rather not, though."

Muttering irritably, Vegeta flew off a ways in a huff. Rehanna's grin grew even wider. "I knew that would work. It always has before. Except on the Ginyus, but I'm not really surprised about that."

Gohan, Krillin, and Goku stared at the floating girl, eyes slightly wider than usual. "The Ginyus? You knew them?" This was Gohan, who had backed away slightly.

"Of course I knew them. I used to work for them." Rehanna blinked, a little startled by their reaction. "You met them too?"

"What did you do? You weren't on the team, were you?"

"No way. They sort of liked me because one of my specialties is special effects. If you met them, you probably know how concerned they are about appearance."

"Don't you mean they were concerned about appearance?"

"Why, are they dead or something?"

Krillin nodded. "He killed most of them," he said, gesturing towards Vegeta. "Goku defeated almost all of them, but then let them go."

"Most of them? Who didn't he kill?"

"Captain Ginyu. He's still alive, but…" At this point Krillin snickered a bit. "He had a little trouble with his body switching trick. Now, instead of Captain Ginyu, leader of the Ginyu Force, he's Captain Ginyu, the frog." Rehanna's laughter was so forceful that she had to do several back flips in midair. For several moments she floated there, sides shaking in silent mirth. Finally she managed to stop. After several deep breaths, she spoke. "You mean to tell me that Ginyu's body switching trick finally caused problems? I kept telling him it would. He didn't listen. What an idiot." Upon saying this, she flew off into more silent gales of laughter.

As they watched Rehanna laugh, waiting to continue their conversation, everyone exchanged glances. Then Goku looked over at Vegeta with one eyebrow raised, then back at the laughing girl. Without making a sound, everyone had asked the same question: How in the world could those two be related? After a few moments of simply pondering, each person had come to the same conclusion. Things had just started to get interesting.

Vegeta came back over after a while. His sister was still laughing, so they got on with the discussion of training. She recovered her breath just as Bulma was preparing to leave. Everyone else had gone, so she had headed back over to her little airplane. Out of curiosity, Rehanna followed, and looked with interest at the pink and white plane.

"Do you mind if I come along with you?" she asked inquisitively. "I really don't have anything else to do but train."

Noticing Rehanna, Bulma nodded. "Sure. Hop in!"

"No, I think I'll just fly along."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, since I'm actually just about the fastest person in the universe. I'm sure Kakarot is faster, but then, I'm no Super Sayain."

**********

About five months later…

"Come off it, Vegeta. You won't be any help to anyone if you incapacitate yourself. Either I pull you out by your ears, or I train in there too." Though normally a very pleasant person, Rehanna was looking very annoyed. "Answer me."

A muffled reply came through the door. It wasn't very easy to here, but one could discern what was being said by the general tone of voice. Sighing, Rehanna went over to the door and opened it, walking in. Vegeta was doing sit-ups in one corner of the room, covered in bandages. Overhead, on the wall, was a screen reading '300 g' or, three hundred times Earth's gravity. Even so, Rehanna didn't seem to be having any trouble. When she spoke, her voice was so calm as to be almost deadly.

"All right, then. Since you'd just come back in if I dragged you out, I might as well train in here." She was wearing a close-fitting, weighted blue jumpsuit, and her boots and gloves. Upon saying this, she closed the door and set down a large roll of bandages she had brought in with her. Then she started to do push-ups. They weren't the normal sort, though. Instead of facing the ground, she had put her arms behind her back, palms and heels on the ground, and was doing push-ups that way. "You know, this level of gravity is actually quite pleasant."

Stopping for a moment, Vegeta stared. Even though he had known his little sister for five months now, she still kept startling him. She knew some of the most amazing tricks, mostly having to do with special effects. That, however, certainly didn't bring down their usefulness in a fight. Also, she was faster than he was, which he found hard to believe. She didn't seem to care that the gravity he had set the gravity room to should be impossible for anyone to function in unless they had been gradually working their way up in levels. And she was also one of the most irritating people he had ever met. He was the Sayain prince. She was a Sayain, and therefor she should listen to him. If he said go away, she was supposed to obey. Unfortunately, she had completely different ideas about who was the boss. All right, so he had to admit it. She scared him. But only a little bit.

Anyone who looked into the gravity room through its small window about an hour later was treated to a very large surprise. Vegeta was doing push-ups from a handstand. There was nothing unusual about this. It was what Rehanna was doing that was surprising. She was doing push-ups in exactly the same way, except for one fact. Instead of having her hands on the floor as she did push-ups, she was balanced on the bottoms of Vegeta's feet. He was having quite a bit of trouble with this, partially because he just generally found it annoying, and partially because he couldn't make her get off.

**********

"Yo, short guy, Kakarot, Namek! How's things going?"

The three people practicing martial arts about fifteen feet above the ground stopped and looked up. It was Rehanna, on one of her periodic trips around the world, visiting the other people training. She came around about once a month, but this month she had been a bit late. Grinning, she flew down to where Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo were.

"Hi, Rehanna," said Gohan. "Where've you been?"

"Keeping my grouchy big brother from killing himself. Mostly by doing pushups balanced on his shoulders. Or occasionally his feet. And insisting that he actually take a moment's break every other hour or so."

Piccolo grinned. "He needs it. I think he's just a little too obsessed with himself."

"You've got that right. Anyway, how's everything been going here?"

"Very well, actually." This was Gohan, who looked more than a little tired. "Except that I'm worried Mom will be mad at me because I haven't studied."

"Actually, I was thinking just the same thing. I know she's gotten over her injuries by now," said Goku, looking a little nervous.

"I've met your wife. She's a formidable woman. I have something to tell you about her. You may sometimes be a big lunk," Rehanna said, chuckling slightly, "but you're her big lunk. If she is mad, it shouldn't last too long. I've gotta go now. Still haven't checked up on Three-eyes and his diminutive friend. And after that, I'd best be getting back to make sure my brother doesn't seriously injure himself."

**********

"Vegeta, you are going to come OUT of there and get a decent night's sleep."

"No!"

"Yes, you are, even if I have to drag you."

"NO!"

Rehanna blinked. He sounded…different. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing! Go away!"

Thinking a minute, she grinned. "Are you afraid of me?"

"NO! Of course not! Leave me alone."

"Are you suuuuure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Leave."

"If you don't come out, I'll start calling you Veggie again. I'll get my space pod and go around the universe telling everyone I meet that the ruthless Prince Vegeta of the Sayains' nickname is Veggie. Then everyone will laugh and not think you brave." She chuckled. This would definitely work.

The door to the gravity room opened and Vegeta stuck his head out. He actually looked worried for once. "You wouldn't. Would you?"

Nodding, Rehanna grinned evilly. "If it'll make you come out of there, then yes, I would. I'd rather not have to drag you. You're in no condition to be dragged."

Needless to say, he came out. He was wearing his standard training outfit for the gravity room (a.k.a. a pair of blue shorts and a great deal of bandages) and a grouchy, irritated, and still slightly worried expression. Rehanna visibly winced, holding her nose pointedly. Since he didn't seem to get the point, she sneezed.

"All right, then. Go bathe, and then go to bed. You need it." She stood on tiptoes slightly, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and then walked off.

Vegeta put his hand to his forehead. His head hurt. It had been a looooong month.

**********

That night, Vegeta slept restlessly. So many dreams. One dream in particular. Really more of a memory.

It was at home. Home, as in Vegetasei, before it was blown up. Of course, he was wearing the Royal armor. Walking through the palace, Nappa following behind. A girl had run out from a side passage. A girl in armor. There was a purple-lensed scouter of the very best kind over her right eye. She had smiled happily, and bowed a little bow. She looked about three years younger than him. At the time, he was seven. After bowing, she straightened up and looked him square in the eyes, still smiling. He had stared, examining her. About three inches shorter than him, with the same features. Black hair that, instead of standing up as his did, hung down her back. It was tied into a plain ponytail. Her armor was simple. Very well-made, but simply designed. A long-sleeved, long-legged blue jumpsuit underneath. White gloves and boots. From her bearing, she looked like…a warrior. But that was ridiculous. She met his eyes again. They were strange eyes, in the face of somebody obviously younger than him. For a second, he got the feeling that he knew this girl. Then she was pulled back into the side passage by an older woman, who scolded her. Vegeta and Nappa headed down the hallway again. The entire exchange had taken no more than three minutes.

He woke up again. It was just so strange. Could that girl possibly have been his sister? Rehanna had the same scouter. The same eyes, even. She had to have been his sister. Nobody else could have eyes like that. Still, it was odd.

The first thing he heard the next morning was, "Rise and shine, Veggie! If you want to train, you'll need to eat first. I think you'd know by now that it's no use arguing, so get dressed and come down to breakfast."

**********

Her biggest problem, Rehanna reflected, was her tendency to go berserk in battle. Sure, it got a lot done, but she got hurt in the process. Of course, if she got too mad in a fight now, after training almost constantly, she'd probably go Super Sayain. But then, so would Vegeta, she guessed. When she wasn't training, she was normally either eating, sleeping, or doing performances during halftime at football games. Vegeta rarely ever stopped training. A couple times she had actually needed to drag him out. She covered a grin, yawning. Bulma might be able to cure him of that, at least she hoped so.

**********

"Yo, Vegeta! Happy birthday!"

Bolting upright from where he was doing sit-ups, Vegeta blinked. He thought about it. "Wait a minute…it IS my birthday, isn't it?"

"Well, duh, Veg, if it wasn't, why would I be saying it? Oh, and if you want dinner, you've gotta come out. For your birthday, I managed to get all of the other Z fighters to break off training for an evening. I'm treating everyone to a huge pizza dinner."

"Be there in five seconds!"

"And there's nachos and cake."

"Be out in two seconds!"

"Bulma's coming too."

Vegeta came out and zoomed down the hall to get dressed. Rehanna blinked and backed up slightly. Then she grinned. "I should have remembered. If it's food, he'll come out. If it's Bulma, he'll come out faster. If it's both, he's already there."

**********

At the birthday dinner, it was busy. Vegeta had actually managed to be somewhere for an hour without threatening to blow anyone up. Of course, there had been a little trouble with Chi Chi, but it had blown over. Anyone with an ounce of Sayain blood was gobbling up the food. Everyone else was still waiting for a chance at the pizza boxes, soda bottles, and chocolate birthday cake. As it turned out, Rehanna had made the cake herself, and was an excellent cook. She had given Vegeta a small computer and a copy of Doom. He sat at the table, eating ravenously and, in an amazingly cheerful mood, blowing up monsters. Bulma had hacked the code so that if he set it up properly, he could make the monsters look like all his enemies.

"Bakas! I'll send you all to the ne…" His gleeful comment was cut short by Rehanna clapping her hand over his mouth.

"DON'T start on all that idiocy. The phrase is dead, finito, Rest In Pieces, whatever you want to call it. Just because King Kai lives there doesn't make it another dimension. I've been to the next dimension, and I assure you, it's not where you go when you're dead."

"How…?"

"There was a mistake with a bowl of rice, my armor, and a teleportation machine when I was working for the Ginyus. Don't ask. The one thing I'll tell you is, I got my earrings there."

Blinking, Vegeta looked at his sister. Sure enough, glinting on her earlobes was a pair of small silver hoop earrings. "Now why didn't I notice those before?"

"Because I didn't want you to." Standing up, she looked around. By now, everyone had managed to get some food. "Does everyone like the cake?" Pleased by the chorus of yesses from mouths in varying states of fullness, she sat down again and dug into her own huge plate of pizza, cake, and nachos again, stopping occasionally to take a big swig of Coke. On either side, Vegeta went on blowing up various unidentifiable aliens and a great deal of miniature, computerized Gokus and eating, and Bulma sat there, eating her food in a much more polite way. Occasionally, she would look over at Vegeta, apparently for no reason.

After a while, everything calmed down a bit. They watched Dune, which, actually, Vegeta highly enjoyed. Everyone else was amazed by the fact that he was in a good mood. Of course, his favorite parts were the one with Baron Harkonnen, but nobody was very surprised at that. Also, they tried to watch The Ultimate Decisive Battle for Earth in English, but after ten minutes they all got sick of it and Vegeta chucked the video out the window. Somehow Rehanna had managed to get a hold of some very large sheets of metal. The rest of the party was spent watching her melt through the metal using controlled Korican Hys to make portraits of people. Most of them were of her brother, but there was one of every other person there. Always proud, Vegeta was more than willing to pose for his metal portraits, as long as his dignity wasn't offended.

Finally, everyone went home. Yawning and nearly exhausted, Rehanna cleaned up all the food. Then she managed to get Vegeta to shut off his computer and go to bed. He insisted on having the computer with him, even if she wouldn't let him play Doom until the next day. It had been a good day. A fair tiring day, but a good one.

**********

Click. The hologram turned on. Her dear brother, asleep, the computer next to his bed. He was snoring away. One thing the technicians at home had warned her about having to do with her hologram was that there was a twist in space involved. Though the image it showed was much smaller than the real person, odd things would happen if she touched the image. Sometimes she had considered reaching in with both hands and dragging her brother out through the hole in space. Eventually, she had decided against it. She pressed the same button, and it turned off. Yawning, she curled up in bed and went to sleep.

**********

A dry female voice issued from the corner of the gravity room. "Ah, so my illustrious prince has awakened. I was afraid you'd sleep all day."

Looking in the corner, Vegeta saw his sister doing crunches. Of course, grouchiness took over. "Why didn't my alarm wake me up?"

"I stole your clock. Everyone was up late last night. You deserved more sleep than you normally give yourself. Be nicer to yourself, Veg." She sat up straight and held up a small clock. "I believe this belongs to you."

He went over, snatched the clock, and walked over to turn the gravity down a little bit. "I am not Veg, or Veggie, or anything like that! I am Vegeta!"

"Vegeta, do know something? No matter what you say you are, to me you will always be two things. Firstly, my very dear big brother. Secondly, the Prince of the Sayains. Nobody can change that, not even you. Now you better get to work on your training."

After a while, she spoke up again. "I can help you with your training, if you like. I wake up earlier than you do, though. Training was one of my priorities in space, besides finding you. Consequently, I'm just about the strongest woman in the universe." She paused for a second, then scrutinized her brother, waiting for an answer.

"Rrrrr….oh, whatever, why not?"

**********

"OUT OF THE BED, SOLDIER! I want you dressed, fed, and clean in forty-five minutes, then report to me in the gravity room. NOW MOVE!"

Vegeta was awake, out of bed, and halfway dressed by the time he realized what he was doing. "Rehanna! Is this some kind of a joke?"

"You wanted me to help train you. So, there's one rule. I AM THE BOSS. Now get going or you'll be late for your training."

Even though he grumbled, Vegeta knew his sister well enough by now to recognize that certain look in her eyes. Sometimes, she was even more stubborn than he was. Oh, well. He had gotten himself into this mess, so he might as well do what she told him to. Besides, if he tried to argue, she'd probably yell at him. She had, he'd noticed, a very penetrating voice.

When he got into the gravity room, his little sister was waiting for him. She checked her watch. "Good job. Just in time. Now, show me one hundred perfect push-ups, on the double, NOW!"

Grumbling even more, Vegeta started doing push-ups. Rehanna watched, and would occasionally walk over and correct something. Even though it was intolerable, he dealt with it. Sometimes there was no use in arguing. Finally he finished.

"Very good, soldier. Now, quick time, one hundred fifty jumping jacks, GO!"

By the end of the day, Vegeta was exhausted. After push-ups, there had been 500 crunches, three hours of various punches, a great deal of kicking, and the occasional ki attack practice. And of course, Rehanna had been correcting him a great deal, along with talking at the top of her lungs. A born drill sergeant if there ever was one. The constant correcting was what made it hard. She made him work harder than he had ever done while working alone. He barely managed to get to the table in time for dinner and nearly fell asleep in his steak. When Rehanna whispered something to Bulma and they both looked at him, then burst out laughing, he left the table, falling into bed with his clothes on and immediately going to sleep. The training went on like this for a week, until he got much too angry and ordered Rehanna to stop. Amazingly, she listened to him.

"All right, then. If you feel like going slower, I won't train you anymore. Oh, and be mindful of your feelings around me. I can sense them."

"I didn't know that."

"Well, now you do."

**********

The next time Rehanna saw Yamcha, she gave him a big hug and a light kiss on the cheek. He blinked. "What was that for?"

"I saw your picture on the cover of three sports magazines yesterday. Congratulations."

That's amazing. Someone actually noticed something like that. "Thanks."

**********

For a great deal of time after Trunks was born, Rehanna helped Bulma take care of him. She knew whose son it was. That was easy to tell. Unlike many fighters, she could see, not just thoughts, but also feelings. It came simply to her, as she was what some would refer to as 'telepathically inclined.' Sometimes she sang lullabies, often to Bulma as well as Trunks. Her singing was one of the sweetest sounds in the world. Some might say that the swish of a sword or the quiet hum of ki is sweeter, but not the people at Capsule Corp. As a matter of fact, everyone who had heard her sing had loved it. Or she would sit on top of the Capsule building and play a flute-like instrument, watching the stars and smiling. Occasionally someone would ask her jokingly if there was anything she couldn't do. To this she always replied, "Well, I'm bad at learning other languages, and my algebra is horrible." That normally satisfied whoever had asked.

Once, she managed to get Vegeta to take a break from training for a day. It took a while, but he finally came out. After eating about three pounds of rare steak and vegetables, he sat down on the couch next to his sister. Bulma was across from them. By this time, Rehanna had grown about three inches taller, so she could finally look her brother straight in the eyes. Having nothing else to do, they all chatted. Trunks was taking a nap.

"Rehanna, I have a question for you."

"What is it, Vegeta?"

"How did you really know I was on Earth? You said you had a hunch, but I think you were lying."

She started fidgeting and refused to look him straight in the eyes. "Ummm… well… uh… I'm not supposed to tell." There was a very large drop of sweat on one of her temples and she was staring at her feet. As she spoke, she continued to fidget, her fingers making a shaky little bridge under her chin.

"Tell me!"

"But I'm not supposed to…."

"Now!"

"Oh… I guess I have to tell you."

"Yes, you do!"

She looked nervous, and was still sweating. No matter what, she didn't look up. "Prophetic dreams."

"WHAT?!"

"You heard me. I told. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone because if Father had known, he wouldn't have let me leave. Five days before I got to Yardrat and found Kakarot I dreamed that you were here, wearing that pink shirt and all. You were there too, Bulma. So was everyone else."

Vegeta simply sat there. He was staring at his little sister, looking stunned. There was an impossibly amazed look in his eyes. Even though he knew that she was rather telepathic, this was just too much. "Then why didn't you find me before you did?"

"I can't to control when I dream like that, or what I see in my dreams. That was really the first time I saw you and knew where to find you. Also, I dreamed once that Frieza blew up Vegetasei. That was confirmed by the Ginyus." Inside her mind, she knew that all her dreams would come true. They always had so far. It gave her useful insights as to what the future held. Of course, they were confusing, reflecting the outcome of a multitude of choices. Sometimes, she would wake up with a migraine and a half and would need to go back to sleep. All she could tell of the future right now from the jumbled images in her mind was that there were truly androids coming. Very destructive ones. Remembering another dream, she looked at Bulma sidelong and the right side of her mouth turned up in a grin. That dream about her reaction to Zarbon would never be forgotten. When she was younger, she wondered why she had so many dreams about Earth and Namek. Now she knew.

When she came out of her private trance, Vegeta had left. Bulma was watching her. Cradled in her arms was Trunks, who had obviously woken up. There was a curious look in the woman's large blue eyes.

"Why do you love him so much?"

She blinked. Bulma repeated the question. Then she shrugged. "I don't know. I left home a year before he did. He still had training to do, but I had learned what my trainers could teach me. Our father was never one for affection, and Mother ignored me most of the time. Even though I never met my brother except for one very short time, I missed him. Now he's all I have of family. He isn't the best one for affection, but I love him the way he is." A smile pulled the corners of her mouth up. Reaching out, she tapped Trunks on the nose. He giggled and yanked at her finger. "You'd do very well with him, you know. I can't be the only one who keeps him at least slightly humble." Upon saying that, she got up and left the room. Bulma sat on the couch, staring at the way she had gone.

**********

Alone, Rehanna sat on the roof of the Capsule building, thinking. What she had said had been the truth. A small sense of triumph came to her at the thought of her brother. He had rarely called women by their names, even when young. But he called her Rehanna most of the time, instead of 'woman' or 'hey, you.' None of the people she knew besides Bulma loved Vegeta as much as she did. She thought back…

**********

He couldn't sleep. That much she could tell, from the pacing footsteps coming through the ceiling. The six-year-old girl sat on her bed in the larger of the two rooms she lived in, kept her things in. When Father had given her these rooms, it had been with her training in mind. They were near the training areas, so she could get there quickly in the morning. Even though he rarely chose to take noticed of his daughter, he did have at least a small amount of love for her. At her insistence, her rooms were underneath her brother's. She didn't understand why Father wouldn't tell her big brother about her. It was silly. But one did not question the actions of King Vegeta. Looking up at the ceiling, she wondered what her brother was thinking about. She pushed a button on her hologram projector. He hadn't even changed! That was strange, normally by now he would be in bed, not pacing around in the Royal Sayain armor. So even though the technicians had warned against it, she put her hand into the hologram. Her hand immediately got smaller, on a scale with the image, and she yanked it out. After a moment, she reached in again, curious. The image of nine-year-old Vegeta still paced. So she reached in even further and tried to tap him on the shoulder. To her amazement, there was real armor under her fingers. Just as she pulled her hand out, the hologram of her brother looked behind himself, a startled expression on his face. She turned off the projector and thought about this. Another of the funny dreams had come last night. There was a planet with really tall trees that looked like lollipops and a guy with braided green hair. Her brother was there, and so was Frieza and Dodoman (her private name for Dodoria). The native people were green and had antenna and there was another Sayain kid who had lost his tail. That thought gave her the shudders. There was another man, but he didn't have a tail, and there was a lady with no tail and blue hair. She wondered what the dream meant, and fell asleep still pondering it.

**********

In the morning, Rehanna woke up. Feeling confused and wondering why she was so uncomfortable, she realized something funny. She had fallen asleep in her armor on the roof. Laughter rang through the house and around the city. Everyone else in the house woke, too, and sat in bed listening. Vegeta stopped doing push-ups to hear the sound better.

Later that day, training in the gravity room with Vegeta, she thought about her memory the night before. Tucked into her hair over her ear was a tall aconite flower, and she smiled constantly. For some reason, that memory had cheered her immensely. Everybody kept asking what had made her so happy, but she never replied. She would simply flash her keyboard-sized grin at them. Even her tail seemed happy, switching back and forth instead of wrapped around her waist. As she bounced around the gravity room, kicking, doing push-ups, flipping back and forth, and generally making a fool of herself, her brother watched her from the corner of his eye. When he wasn't looking, she sneaked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He started violently and looked behind him. Déjà vu hit him as he turned.

"Remember that? That was ME!" With this, his sister, who had been floating behind him, started doing barrel rolls. After nearly crashing into the wall, she stopped that and started doing flips instead. Then, she nearly hit her head on the ceiling, so she floated down to the floor and started doing front instep kicks instead.

"NAAAAAANIIIIIII?!?!"

"Yepyepyep! It was meeeeeee! I figured out something strange about my hologram projector and tapped you on the shoulder!" She stopped and looked curiously at her brother. "Veggie-chan, am I scaring you again?"

"No! Go away!"

"Ok!" She nearly flew into the door, nearly crashed into it, stopped, backed up, opened it, and flew down the corridor. Vegeta stared after her, as it seemed he was always doing.

"Will wonders never cease."

**********

When she made her rounds about where the people were training, Rehanna kept her huge grin. Each person who knew her wondered, as they often had, how she could be Vegeta's sister. They were so completely different. She hung around Piccolo, Goku, and Gohan for a while and trained with them, then went home and spent the rest of the day acting strange and silly. Vegeta ended up sticking his head out the door of the gravity room and demanding that she make a little less noise. For the past hour she had been imitating each dog, cat, and bird that went by at the top of her lungs. Then, when Bulma made Vegeta go get her to come in for dinner, he found her in the middle of the woods, swimming in a pond. He looked away, embarrassed, because, since the pond was so remote, she hadn't any clothes on. Sometimes he found it hard to believe that it still hadn't been three years since that purple-haired kid came and told Kakarot about the androids.

"Ack! Vegeta! Don't look! I'll dress, and then you can turn around again." Incredibly embarrassed, she climbed out of the little pool, got dressed, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Now you can look. I'm decent." Her very red brother turned around again.

"The woman sent me. It's dinner time."

"Dinner?! Woohoo! I'm starving! Let's go." She flew up into the air, grabbed his shoulder, and zoomed back to the Capsule Corp. building. When she stopped, her brother was out of breath from trying to keep up. A loud rumble sounded from both their stomachs, so they looked at each other, raced inside, and devoured almost everything in sight. By the end of the day, Rehanna still hadn't lost her huge grin, Vegeta looked grouchy, but actually a bit cheerful, Trunks was asleep, and Bulma was laughing her butt off at how much the two of them could eat.

**********

That night, many people had a hard time getting to sleep. Vegeta and Rehanna were both sitting on the roof, and they had flown Bulma up with Trunks. As Vegeta played that strange flute-like instrument of Rehanna's, Rehanna sang. There were no words, just a melody that twined through the night like vines. It was such an incredibly sweet sound that one couldn't do anything but listen. After a while, it died down.

"That's the only type of music we had on Vegetasei. Some sang, others played the wiquari. I learned how to do both, and I knew Vegeta would have learned it. He was the prince. Many of the important people at home knew at least some music. Especially royalty. In that respect I made my father proud."

For some reason, Vegeta was feeling rather sentimental. He hadn't said anything, but there were tears in his eyes. Rehanna looked over at Bulma, who nodded. Both sitting on opposite sides of him, they cradled him in their arms. Trunks grabbed his father's arm and held on tight as Rehanna started singing something. It, unlike the other song, had words, but they were in the language of the Sayains. From the sound of it, it was a lullaby. Listening, Bulma leaned her head on the weeping man's shoulder. "What does that mean?"

"It's a song Mother used to sing when she noticed me. It really only has one verse. Fall asleep and dream of battles, get your rest, you'll need it so. Tomorrow is another day, a Sayain must pull through. Planets conquered, races altered, we must always stand apart, no matter which new race is haltered, you'll ever stay within my heart."

Smiling, Bulma nodded, understanding. "It's understandable that a race such as your would have written a lullaby like that." She looked at Vegeta, then put a finger to her lips. "He's asleep. Let's get him in bed." Rehanna nodded, unclasped her sleeping brother's fingers from her wiquari, and picked him up. Bulma gripped her shoulder with one hand and held Trunks with the other as they flew down.

They managed to get at least his armor, gloves and boots off and tucked him into bed. Rehanna sang the lullaby once more before switching off the light. Leaning over, she kissed her brother on the cheek, then went to bed herself in her own room. Such a good night it had been so far. Snuggling down under the covers, she fell fast asleep. The dreams that ensued were not prophetic, but they were calm and happy.

She was awoken by a persistent meowling outside her door. The little black cat that always seemed to be around Dr. Briefs had developed an attachment to her. Groggily, she got up, dressed, and went downstairs to feed the cat. Then, after washing her face in icy cold water, she made breakfast for everyone. When everybody woke up and came down the stairs still half-asleep, she was at least ¾ awake, but not exactly. But then, nobody had gotten all that much sleep last night. They had been too busy listening to the music. Vegeta looked rather thoughtful, though sleepy, as he ate his eggs, bacon, and toast.

"Why so solemn, my prince?"

"I dreamed that I heard Mother singing me that lullaby she loved so much."

"That was me."

"You sing like she used to."

"Thank you."

"Will you sing again later?"

"Of course. We all deserve a break in routine sometimes."

And so, later that day, Rehanna sang again. It was, as the lullaby had been, in the Sayain language. Nobody but Vegeta and Rehanna could understand it, but nobody could resist listening. Like the wordless song last night, it twined vine-like, and ensnared whomever it touched. After that, she spent the rest of the day in the woods, singing with birds and calling squirrels and chipmunks, who perched upon her back as she flew. Skipping across the ponds and pools, picking lots of flowers. When she got back to Cap. Corp. there was a huge bouquet of flowers in her arms.

"I'm hooooome! Look what I brought!" Through the door, up the stairs, drop part of the bouquet at Bulma's workroom door, out the window, into the gravity room, drop the other half of the bouquet, grab a wild rose, tuck it behind her ear, fly off again. Anyone with good enough eyes to notice the blur that was Rehanna blinked, then went back to what they were doing. But they still heard her. After getting out of the gravity room, she crouched on the roof and crowed like a hyperactive rooster. "All right, everyone! It's time to take a vacation! There's still six months left until the androids are supposed to show up and we all need a break in routine. I'll go tell everyone. You people start packing!" Dragging Vegeta out of the gravity room, she starting flying off, then stopped for a moment. "Oh, and we're going to…LA! Pack lots of clothes and I'll make the hotel reservations!" She used the phone, got Kakarot's family to come, invited Piccolo, who actually accepted, went to the Kame House to get Krillin, tracked down Tien, Chiaoutzu, and Yamcha, and got them to come too.

"Well. That was…unexpected. At least we all get a break. Come on, Trunks, let's go pack. When Rehanna gets back, I'll ask her how many rooms she got."

"How am I going to deal with a vacation when Kakarot's family is coming too?"

"I'm back again! Is everyone packing? We leave tomorrow!"

"How many rooms did you get?"

"Lessee… the hotel didn't have too many free rooms, so….Tien, Chiaoutzu, and Yamcha have to share a room, Piccolo, Kakarot, and Gohan have to share a room, you, me, Trunks, and Chichi are sharing a room, and I managed to get Vegeta his own room so that he doesn't try to blow anything up. Two of the rooms are on the first floor, two are on the third. I think for the sake of everyone's health, we give Vegeta one of the rooms on the third floor and take the other third floor room so we can keep an eye on him. The others can have the first floor rooms. We're not taking a plane, because I can rig up a big basket that you, Trunks, and Chichi can ride in. That suit you two? I told the others already. Oh, and I'm paying. I save all my money, so I have plenty by now. It's only for four days, anyway."

Bulma nodded, then looked at Vegeta. He was leaning on the doorframe. After considering it, he nodded. "That suits me fine."

"I thought it would. You don't have to go on a plane, there's no need for you to share a room with Kakarot, and it should keep you from blowing the hotel to bits. Sometimes, it's important to worry about temper and egos."

"It's always important to consider me. I'm the Prince of the Sayains."

"That's nice, dear. You know we all love you here. Now go pack."

**********

Needless to say, the vacation was rather odd. Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta ate the entire stock of several hot dogs stands at the beach. Rehanna spent most of the time acting like an insane fish and jumping in and out of the water. Chichi and Bulma got very dark tans and managed to keep the men from destroying the hotel. Chiaoutzu and Tien got rather drunk and spent a lot of the first two days singing telepathically off key. This gave Rehanna a very big headache. Somehow, they managed to get Piccolo to go swimming, and amazingly, he enjoyed it. Back in Japan, Dr. Gero busily worked on his androids. Yamcha and Krillin mostly sat on the beach and ogled girls. Eventually Goku got mobbed by adoring teenage girls and was dragged off the beach by his wife.

When they got home, Vegeta collapsed into a kitchen chair, a look of relief on his normally emotionless face. "I'm glad that's over."

"And why is that, Vegeta?"

"I don't have to tell you."

"Yes, you do. Here, you hold Trunks for a minute."

"That's what you're supposed to do, woman." But he grudgingly took the baby from Bulma. "And I'm glad because I don't have to be anywhere near that insufferable no-class baka Kakarot."

His sister put on a face full of mock concern. Suppressed laughter gleamed in her eyes. Her lower lip was stuck out. "Aw, is the poor princy-wincy scawed of the mean old Kakarot-man?" Immediately after saying that, she had to raise a gloved hand to keep a giggle from coming out and clamped the other one over her brother's mouth. Grunting in protest, he tried to remove her hand without dropping the baby, but it didn't work. Trunks still sat in his lap and Rehanna's hand was still over his mouth. After a minute, she released him and he let out a large breath. Bulma was laughing, and Vegeta just sat there looking annoyed, then handed Trunks back to Bulma and stomped to the gravity room.

Watching Vegeta leave, both women grinned. Still chuckling slightly, Bulma looked back at Rehanna. "That was the funniest thing I've ever seen."

"Funnier than when I wore green contacts, spiked my hair up, and temporarily dyed it blonde? That didn't just annoy him, it scared him out of his wits."

"Well…almost the funniest."

That night Rehanna sang again. There was a forceful song of stunning rhythm, of battle and conquerors. She sang the lullaby again, and the wordless vinesong that so captivated each and every person around her. A love song that Bulma liked, and another war song that Vegeta liked even more. She got Vegeta to play the wiquari as she sang sometimes, and the soaring music echoed to the stars.

"Rehanna, is there any Sayain art form that you don't know?"

"Not that I know of, Bulma." A grin spread over her face. She ticked it off on her fingers. "There aren't many, but…I sing, I play wiquari, and I dance. That's really it. Anything the matter, Vegeta? You're white as a sheet."

"I…uh…didn't know you danced."

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well…just don't demonstrate."

Bulma looked curiously at the two of them. Whatever could this mean? Vegeta was afraid of something? "What do you two mean by that?"

"Vegeta's afraid I'll dance for him. Sometimes it causes trouble."

"How?"

"On Vegetasei, a favorite pastime of a lot of the women was messing with the menfolk's heads. Our dancing technique was developed from that."

The blue-haired woman blinked. She thought about it for a moment, then grinned and nodded. "I see."

Later, training in the gravity room, Rehanna said, not looking at her brother at first, "You're very lucky, you know. Bulma really loves you." He blinked, and turned his head to meet grave black eyes identical to his own. For a moment, it seemed it was his father standing there. But that passed. She was smiling. "I had a dream last night. It was about you, and Bulma, and Trunks. It was confusing, but I'm sure if you had seen it, it would have made you happy."

He thought about this as he trained. At every turn, his sister seemed to exhibit something new. Not being able to understand her nature confused him. It was like she was a dream image, in an abstract dream, constantly changing shape. But as always, there was a wild rose tucked into her hair, and she looked like a female version of him. Except for her hair, her long sweep of black hair. In that, she never changed. Those eyes, though…It was like they saw everything.

A soft voice came from the corner again. "I frighten you, don't I? You can't put my personality in a little box and expect it always to fit. I've always been that way. I'm not at all subservient, like the other women at home were. It's funny, though, that you have the least bit of trouble with that. And I have a question for you. I'm going hunting tomorrow. Do you want to come?"

**********

In the morning, they went out into the woods. Rehanna turned to her brother. "First things first. Squirrels, chipmunks, and small birds are NOT for eating. And can we please refrain from getting small fish? I like big ones."

"Why the hell would I want to eat a squirrel? They're too small."

"Oh, good. You agree with me. Let's go bring down a dinosaur."

As it turned out, they did get a dinosaur, along with several very large fish. A campfire soon remedied the slight chills they were both getting, and they settled down for a nice meal of raw fish filets and rare dino steak. It was very pleasant, especially after Rehanna found some wild herbs, fruits, and vegetables. They got back to Capsule Corp. with full stomachs and a very, very small amount of leftovers. Now, instead of just one, Rehanna had an entire crown of wild roses that she had picked while hunting. Vegeta went to play Doom on his computer and Rehanna read a book.

Bulma was reading too, and they both sat in the living room, chattering as they read. They didn't talk about much, but it filled up the time. Current fashion, the books they were reading, flowers, their conversation covered a whole range of topics. Eventually, it turned to training, sparring, and actual battles.

"Did you ever meet Radditz, Bulma? I believe I heard someone mention that he came here once."

"He did come here, but I didn't really meet him. He kidnapped Gohan. Piccolo and Goku had to fight him, and Piccolo ended up having to kill both Goku and Radditz."

Rehanna stuck out her lip a bit. "That's too bad. I liked Radditz. He was nice to me."

"He was?!?!"

"Uh-huh. He helped me with sparring."

"Kami. You'll have to tell Goku about this."

**********

Vegeta was very annoyed. Nobody knew why, or at what or who, but they stayed out of his way. During his training, he attacked the practice drones even more savagely than usual. All the time, he muttered under his breath. Overhearing something, his sister came over. There was a deceptively calm look on her face.

"What's wrong, Vegeta? Was it me you were referring to as a 'tailless chit', or did you have a fight with Bulma?" Her voice was too sweet. "Whoever you were talking about, you weren't being very polite."

"Do I CARE about being polite?"

"I know it's a novel idea, dear, but maybe you should try it."

**********

T

he day had come. The androids had arrived. Nobody knew where Rehanna and Vegeta were, but they went about the business of starting the battle anyway. High above, unnoticed, the two armored siblings watched as Goku fought Android 19. It did not escape them that Goku was breathing very heavily, and seemed to be sweating too much. Rehanna's tail lashed back and forth angrily.

"Vegeta, why won't you let me help him?"

"It's final. You're staying here. That's an order."

Oddly, she nodded submissively. Then she reached behind her hair and took out a small package. "Before you go help in the fight, my prince, I have something for you." In midair, she went down on one knee and offered up the package like a knight offering a king their services. Curiously, Vegeta reached down and took it. When it was fully open, his eyes widened in amazement.

"How did you get this?" In his hand was the Royal Pendant of the Sayains.

"Right before I left, Father gave it to me. There were two, and he kept one. He said that if I ever found you, I was to give it to you when I felt the time was right." The wild rose in her hair slipped slightly, and she pushed it back up. Vegeta held open the loop of cord and slipped the pendant over his head, tucking it into the front of his armor.

"Thank you, Rehanna." He looked over at the battle. "I need to go now."

"Be careful." She watched as she flew away, and whispered something softly. "May your battle be blessed, Vegeta-sama."

When she saw the end of Android 19, she smiled. That was the brother she knew and loved. Reaching behind her hair again, she took out a stoppered bottle. There was a possibility that what was in it might come in handy. As she watched, Android 20 fled, and she flew to meet him so very quickly.

"Didn't your creator ever tell you that it's not polite to run away from a good fight?" Popping out the bottle's stopper, she took a swig of the thick red liquid inside. Android 20 recoiled slightly when he saw the dark stain on her top lip. "I believe my brother was waiting to fight you. Care for a drink?" She offered the bottle of what seemed to be blood. Shaking his head violently, Android 20 simply stared at her. She started to laugh, and her tail whipped back and forth. Stoppering the bottle again and putting it away behind her hair, Rehanna smiled, licked the remains of her drink off her top lip, and casually punched the unwary android upside the chin with both hands.

"Get out of my way!" Two long thin ki beams shot from the android's fingers and went clean through her shoulders. Dropping, she shrieked in pain, and Android 20 continued on his way into the mountains. Vegeta had not heard, and passed over her as he followed the android. The others came, and saw her. She was kneeling, arms limp and useless at her sides. Looking up, she saw Krillin.

"Hey, cue ball. I need a Senzu, please. Be a dear and just drop one down." Since she wasn't able to catch it, she put her face straight up.

"Sure, Rehanna." He dropped one down, and she caught it in her mouth, chewing carefully and swallowing. "How'd you get here?" As her shoulders quickly healed, she flew up.

"I came with my brother. He told me not to fight unless he said so."

"And you listened? Wow."

"Silly man. He's my prince. He was issuing an order. You go on. I'll keep watch."

Laying low, Rehanna scanned the sky overhead. She heard the sounds of fighting, but did not go to join the battle. Suddenly, a young man with purple hair, the same one she remembered from three years ago, flew over her. He was heading towards the fight. Rising up into the air, she followed him, keeping her power as suppressed as possible. When he and his unnoticed follower arrived at the scene of the fight, Rehanna stayed back. She heard a shout.

"Trunks is back!" It was Piccolo. Curious, she flew out from her hiding place. Her eyes flickered over the man's face. Yes, it was the same, a teenage carbon-copy of her brother's son. Just then, he noticed her too.

"Hello, Trunks." She was smiling, a wild, fierce smile, full of anticipation of the fight ahead. She hugged her brother, then her nephew from the future.

Trunks stared. The Rehanna he knew had arrived only three months ago, his time, very near where he, his mother, and Chichi lived. This fiery young woman could not be the same person. True, she loved him dearly, but she was a sad, hollow-eyed woman, not at all like this fierce beauty. She had told him to say hello to Vegeta for her. He had no time for that, however. In short order, he told them of his confusion and of the android trouble, and then there was Bulma to rescue. Right before Vegeta left to find Dr. Gero's lab, he and Rehanna looked each other straight in the eyes.

Rehanna smiled as golden flame flared up around her and her hair turned blond, standing up, her eyes bright turquoise. Something passed between the two of them. The corner of Vegeta's mouth turned up as he smirked evilly and spoke.

"What is mercy?"

As if reciting from memory, Rehanna replied to him, ignoring the rather stunned others. "Mercy is the downfall of the strong, and a toy of the stronger." Then Vegeta took off, and Trunks flew quickly to try and stop him, failed, and simply followed.

When Rehanna had become a Super Sayain, it looked as though there were actually two Vegetas standing there. In confusion, Krillin glanced back and forth between the two of them. He hadn't been watching when Rehanna powered up. Then he looked at Gohan. "Did Vegeta learn the multi-form technique?" He was disabused of this notion when Gohan pointed out the rose in Rehanna's hair and the rather significant difference in the area of the chest. Tensing her incredibly powerful muscles, Rehanna leaped up into the air, heading off after her brother and Trunks. Bulma saw the merciless look in her eyes, and pitied the androids. One by one, everyone else took off, Gohan carrying Yajirobe, Bulma, and Trunks back home.

As they flew, Piccolo caught up with Rehanna. For a while, they simply flew side by side. Then, Piccolo looked over at Rehanna. She was looking straight ahead, concentrating on the horizon, scanning for caves. When she realized he had asked her a question, she looked at him. "What was that, Piccolo?"

"I said, how do you hide so much stuff in your hair?"

"Oh, that. Personal interdimensional storage hole." Reaching up to her neck, she grabbed a dark blue cord that blended in perfectly with the spandex beneath her armor. She pulled it around. Hanging off of the cord was a locket shaped like a book. It was rather large for a locket. Opening it up, she put her hand inside it and rummaged around, coming out with the bottle she had had before. Smiling, she took a swig, leaving another dark red stain on her lip.

"What…Rehanna, is that blood?"

"No. Bloodroot wine. Delicious stuff." She started veering off to the right. "I've got to get something out of here that I don't want anyone to see yet. I'll be searching with you guys in a couple minutes."

He nodded and waved. Rehanna flew down and found a slightly secluded place, where she put away the bloodroot wine and started rummaging in her locket again. The thick, blood-like red stain on her lip still hadn't been wiped off. Fifteen minutes later, Tien got quite a shock.

He was flying around, scanning for Dr. Gero's lab, when Rehanna came up from where she had been. When he noticed her, he did a double take, then rubbed his eyes to make sure they were working right. Belts full of ammo criss-crossed her chest, two over each shoulder. Two more were around her waist, and a seventh one was threaded into a huge machine gun. She saw him and waved, flying over.

"Hi, Rehanna. Where'd you get that stuff?"

She grinned. "It was a gift from Chichi."

"No way! Really?"

"Yup. She has quite an arsenal stored away somewhere."

"That's weird. I had no idea."

Not too long after, Krillin found the lab, and called out to the others, who all came rushing to where he was. Everyone seemed a bit taken aback by Rehanna's gun except for Vegeta, who just chuckled. "New toy, Rehanna?"

Smiling, she nodded. "Do you like it?"

"It fits you."

There was, of course, Vegeta's insistence upon fighting the androids, and strenuous objections raised by Trunks. Just before Vegeta blew the door in, Rehanna looked at Trunks, tapping him on the shoulder. He looked at her, startled.

"Trunks, dear one, nephew of mine, I understand why you don't want to fight them. But…" A reckless, anticipatory, merciless look took over her face. "What's the point of a challenge if nobody is allowed to take it up?" And then Vegeta exploded the door, exposing the three androids to the light. Her eyes flickered over the twin androids, shutting out the sound of Vegeta talking, as she assessed them. They were very well crafted. So well crafted, in fact, that one would normally think that this pair was human. She was almost amused as she looked at the boy, taking in his earrings, the scarf, the pistol, the rip in one leg of his jeans and his long black hair. But who is controlling whom? From what I heard through the door, I do not believe the esteemed doctor is really in control of the situation. On the contrary, I would say that these two are, or at least will be, controlling him. Either that, or he'll be dead. When she spoke, her voice was cool and calm, not wavering a bit. "Never say die, but often say ouch."

They watched as Dr. Gero was killed, and as the boy landed on his head and crouched, beckoning to Krillin. The poor man was so terrified of these androids that she almost pitied him before stopping herself. Pity was not something that should be felt until one had the advantage over their enemy. Trunks blew up the lab, and the two twin androids and their newly awakened friend took off. She watched impassionately as Vegeta punched Trunks and flew off, then, when nobody was looking, she followed him, going low through the trees. As he started the fight, she looked on, a blue jay perched on top of her head, then flew down to land next to the big android, the silent one. Her eyes traveled to where he was looking. The mountains covered in forest.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" The bird perched on her black hair twittered. Looking down at her for a moment, the android nodded, speaking in his metallic voice.

"Yes." Then he looked at the fight. Juunanagou heard them talking, and looked over his shoulder at them. Cheeping, the blue jay flew off, and she waved to it, then looked at the young man standing there looking at her. As she had done before, but at farther range, she examined him carefully, looking at this technological creation.

"Cute. Very cute." Her voice was admiring but a touch sarcastic. "Dr. Gero obviously knows how to construct his androids. The voice he gave you, and the eyes he gave all of you androids, are a particularly stunning achievement."

Juunanagou blinked. He wasn't sure what he had been expecting from someone who seemed to want to fight him. Whatever he had been expecting, it hadn't been compliments. Shrugging it off, he looked at her, assessing from her appearance what her strengths and weaknesses might be. As she stood there, waiting for him to say something, her tail unwrapped from around her waist and waved around lazily. After a few minutes, she assumed that he wasn't going to say anything.

"I won't tell you to prepare to meet your maker, since that's an overused phrase and you killed your maker yourself."

"You are hiding something. What is it?"

She smiled. "You noticed. Well, since you asked, I'd be glad to oblige." In a minute's time, she was glowing golden, and her amused expression glittered in green eyes instead of black.

Blinking again, a slow smile spread over his face, though he was a bit confused. His files should have contained information on this woman. Why did they not? "Who are you?" He spoke abruptly.

"I see that the honorable doctor did not obtain any info on me. Good. That adds an unknown to the equation."

Rehanna was chuckling inside herself. Kami, this was fun! She hefted her machine gun, making sure it was in order. The bullet bandoleers still crossed over her chest. With pride, she noticed Juunanagou appraising the formidable weapon. "Do you like my new toy?" Her voice was full of almost childish delight.

"Nice construction." Then he turned back to watching the fight and ignored her.

"One moment, tin man. Before you go back to watching the fight, I can tell you something you might want to know."

"

And how would you be able to tell me anything I don't have in my files already?"

"What do you know of Sayain nature? I would be best at explaining it, since my brother is busy."

He checked his files. "Very little. Your brother?"

"Him who's fighting your sister."

"Ah. So. Explain."

"We are the strongest warrior race in the universe. Many of our children could fly before they could walk. Ego is very important, I'm a bit of an exception, since I don't have a really big one, but my brother is the perfect example. Any one of us will throw away our health and possibly life just for the chance at a challenging opponent. That is what we are, and, whenever you feel like it, I would be honored to fight you, as my brother fights your sister." She grinned, looking him straight in his catlike blue eyes.

"I will wait." He ignored her again.

"I have a question to ask."

"You talk too much."

"It's the ego. We all love to hear ourselves talk. But, back on the subject, what is mercy to you?"

"Part of a game. Simply a card to play."

"You know, you think remarkably like a Sayain." Then she, too, went back to watching the fight. Soon, the others arrived, and tried to keep from attacking the android. Trunks lost it, and Juunanagou joined the fray. Floating towards the now much larger fight, Rehanna smiled. It did take a few minutes, but she was soon out cold with the others, after the two androids had shoved their way out of the carefully woven bowl made of ki that she had dropped over them. Finally, Krillin finished being afraid of the androids and got them all fixed up. Vegeta headed off following the androids, and Trunks tried to chase him without telling that Vegeta was his father. Rehanna smiled sympathetically.

"Hon, it isn't like we haven't figured it out already. It's a little obvious that you're Bulma and Vegeta's kid. And why wouldn't I recognize my own family?" The others agreed, and Krillin decided to pipe up.

"The only person who hasn't figured it out is Vegeta."

Holding back a chuckle, Rehanna looked with amusement at Krillin. "Oh, no. He knows. He just won't show it. Soon as Trunks got here and Piccolo decided to shout his name, he figured it out." Looking decidedly angry, Trunks half-glared at Rehanna. She looked back mildly. "Was there a problem?"

"Why'd he punch me, then? Are you the real Rehanna?"

"He punched you because you were in his way, and I am the real Rehanna. Why? Do you know another version of me?"

"Yeah. A very depressed one."

"Not surprising. Before I came here I dedicated my entire life to finding Vegeta. To come somewhere and learn that he's dead would not have been good for me. I guess that's what happened. Well, we'd better get going on following Vegeta before he catches up with Tin Man, the Metal Wonder Girl, and Don't-Scare-Crows."

"Guys, I'm not going with you. I have some business to attend to."

"Fine by me, Piccolo. But you better get back safe. We need you. You're our mystery in green." She waved as he flew off. "And guys? Don't go weak during the fight. That includes you, Krillin."

"Who, me?"

"Yes, you. Now let's get going." She flew off. The others followed. When they split up, she looked at Krillin. "Hope you don't mind, but I'll come with you."

"Fine with me."

In the plane with Goku, Rehanna ignored everyone most of the time. With concern, she watched Goku, having appointed herself to this duty. During his nightmare, while Chichi gave him his medicine, she sang her lullaby softly. Suddenly, her ears pricked up and she blinked, listening carefully, oblivious to the conversation around her. Abruptly she stood up and opened up the door, poised on the edge.

"I need to leave for a while." Hopping into the air, she zoomed off. The others stared after her. Flying, she quickly came upon her brother, screaming on top of the high flat plateau. He didn't even notice her when she landed. Rubbing her ear a bit, she tapped him on the shoulder, and he leaped around, ready to fight. When he saw who she was, he relaxed. But only slightly. No matter what, he would not look her in the face.

"What do you want?"

"You were screaming."

"So what? Why should you care?"

"You're my brother. I was worried."

"No need. I can take care of myself. Go away and leave me alone."

"Do you really want me to?" Grabbing his chin, she pulled it up, forcing him to look her straight in the eyes. He flinched but held the gaze. A thought struck him as he locked gazes with his sister.

Many people, he thought, have thought my eyes were what frightened them most, besides my power. I show no emotion except glee when I kill people. The androids, too, have very disturbing eyes, as they are completely cold. No matter how many people I see in my lifetime, however, I would have to say that Rehanna's eyes are the most frightening I have ever come across. And what's more, she can control when she frightens people. It was true. The deep black gaze bored into him like a drill, searching his mind and soul, reading his secrets. Very disturbing. She shot a thought at him.

Have you come to your senses, then? I know being defeated as a Super Sayain is hard on your ego, but even our father wouldn't have let that get him down. He would have worked to get even stronger. I can see in your mind that you, too, have chosen to work towards achieving more strength. So. Answer me truly. Do you really want me to go right now? She powered up and exploded into golden flames, smiling at him and finally dropping her gaze. "Are you going to answer?"

"Don't go. Care for a sparring match?"

Bowing deeply, she grinned. "Good man. Of course." They flew up into the air and started to spar in the rain. After about half an hour, they stopped. "That defeat has definitely increased your power somewhat." Then they left, going towards the strange ki that they had just sensed, Vegeta leading, Rehanna tagging along behind silently.

When they arrived, they both fell out of Super Sayain in surprise at Piccolo's new strength. Recovering quickly, Rehanna landed and looked at Piccolo. "Hey, green man. How's K-sama?"

Piccolo blinked. "K-sama… that's a new one."

Turning to Krillin and Trunks, Rehanna smiled. "I see you're both well. How is K-san doing?"

Trunks blinked, just like Piccolo had. "K-san? Who is K-san?"

"You know. Kakarot."

"Oh. He's doing better."

"Good. And I see you decided to try and fight this time, K-san-nigou."

Krillin blinked, and Rehanna giggled to see a third person do so. "K-san-nigou? You mean me?"

"Yes. Is Y-san doing well? And G-san? And the formidable Chichi?"

"Um…yes. What's with the new nicknames?"

"I feel like it." She smiled and watched Tien fly towards them and land, then listened carefully as Piccolo explained about Cell. Somewhere in the process of sparring with her brother, flying, and talking with the others, her machine gun had disappeared. When the little group broke up, Rehanna observed them leaving, then jumped into the air and followed Vegeta at a discreet and unobtrusive distance. He didn't notice her, or if he did, he was ignoring her. Quietly she trailed him, still smiling, doing the occasional flip or loop-the-loop. After a while, he noticed her when he looked over his shoulder.

"Why are you following me?"

"I want to train with you."

"Really?"

"Of course, your highness." Her tone was casual.

"You sound like Errol Flinn."

Eyes widening, she looked at him. He blushed bright red. "How would you know what Errol Flinn sounds like?"

"Ok, ok, so you've found out my secret. I like his version of Robin Hood."

Landing on a ledge, Rehanna sat down, and Vegeta stared off into the distance, over the trees.

**********

Some time later....

In the Room of Spirit and Time, Trunks, Rehanna, and Vegeta were sparring. By now it had been about three months inside. An invisible string that was wrapped around Rehanna's heart yanked, and she gave a cry, falling from mid-air with a thump.

Trunks rushed over to his aunt, who had her hand over her heart, eyes wide with pain. "What happened?"

"He's gone."

Blinking, Trunks peered into Rehanna's eyes with a confused expression. "What?"

"He was in my heart. I could feel him. Now he's gone. It hurts." A strange expression dawned on her face. "No, not gone. Twisted. Cell! Cell got him. No..."

"Who's gone?"

"Juunanagou. Somehow he got in my heart during the fight. Or maybe it was before the fight. Whatever. I can feel him, and he's screaming."

**********

When they came out of the Room of Spirit and Time, Rehanna's face was haggard, drawn, and pale. She did not say anything, just watched, changed into better armor, and flew off with Trunks to follow Vegeta. Totally silent, she looked straight ahead of her, focused in on her brother's ki. Soon, she and her nephew from the future landed. Looking at Cell, Rehanna growled something under her breath in the Sayain language. Vegeta's eyes widened momentarily and he shot a quick glance at her. Trunks looked at her in confusion.

"Don't make me translate that. You really, really don't want to know what I just said."

"Why not?"

"What I just said was the worst insult ever even thought of in our language. If I translated it, you would probably puke."

He had a particularly strong stomach, and Rehanna knew it. His eyes widened for a moment, and he made a face. "That bad?"

"That bad. Trust me on this." As she watched the fight, she started to smile. One hand started to glow a bit, and a small, round ball of ki coalesced there.

"Why do you need that?"

"Energy boost. When he starts running out, I'll give it to him. He knows how to catch one." There was an admiring look in her eyes. "He's doing very well, ne? I don't think Cell has much of a chance here." Then her look cooled, perfectly calm, perfectly emotionless. It stayed like that through almost the entire fight up until Trunks jumped into the air to go and stop Cell from reaching the androids. Levitating into the air, she looked at Trunks coldly. He shuddered nervously when he saw her expression.

Your Highness, he's going to try and stop Cell.

Nonsense. He is my son. He wants to test his power.

May I speak freely for a moment, my prince?

Go ahead. You've never asked permission before. Why are you being so formal?

This is battle. In battle, I obey. And now, for my free speaking. YOU ARE BEING AN IDIOT! The boy can sense the android Cell's power. He knows the power of the androids of his own time. He will try and stop Cell.

Good point. Warrior, this is a royal command. You are not to interfere with the boy's actions. I wish to see what will happen.

Of course, your highness. I will wait. She thought for a moment. This does not mean I will not get to fight Cell?

You will have your chance.

Good. Thank you, your highness. Completely satisfied, Rehanna just floated, watching Trunks and Cell. A slight movement caught her from the corner of her eye, and she turned to see the two androids and Krillin just as Cell and Trunks did. Face still cold, she simply watched. After a while, Cell began to absorb Juuhachigou, and her eyes widened slightly. Then a rather savage grin came onto her face. "Finally."

Hold back. Wait for your turn, warrior. It will come.

I know, your highness. But I still feel like annihilating something.

Be calm.

Impatiently, Rehanna waited, at one point helping to get a senzu bean into Krillin's mouth. She did not say anything whatsoever. Her eyes stayed fixed on Vegeta and Cell, even as she listened to Krillin and Trunks talking together.

Soon, the words 'Final Flash' echoed in her ears, and oh, it was so beautiful. Her fingers itched to just reach out and touch that ki, so much power contained within the tightly focused blast. And then Vegeta was being attacked again, knocked out and totally unaware. Not responding, she watched as Trunks powered up and began to fight Cell and Krillin flew away with Vegeta over his shoulder, carrying a senzu. There was no response from her even when Trunks started slowing down. "Baka. I didn't go that far either. You should have figured it out both V-sama and I didn't try for that. Speed is more important." Something assaulted her senses, and she looked to where Krillin had gone. "Good. My prince is awake and functioning once more. Maybe he can get here and talk some sense into his son, because I certainly won't."

Having nothing else to do, she listened to the short conversation between Cell and Trunks. The idea of a tournament certainly appealed to her, yes, quite appealing. She might even get to use her secret attack. Nobody knew what it was, even though Trunks and Vegeta knew about it and had tried to get her to tell them, but she would never tell. They would have to see for themselves. It was the only attack of hers that they did not know about. But if T-chan got seriously hurt, then she would take action. Hmmph. Stupid arrogant bug. What an ugly creature. Nice eyes, though. Bored, she flew off towards the Lookout, not bothering to look behind her. She would wait. The tournament would come all in good time.

Touching down on her hands on the Lookout, Rehanna yawned in a catlike way and sat down on the edge, crossing her legs and looking down. "Hello, everyone." Hands on her knees, elbows bent, she leaned over to sense and see better.

"You seem different." Tien looked at her curiously. "Your ki feels different."

"I know." She twisted around. "Bulma, may I hold Trunks for a minute?" Slowly she moved away from the edge.

"Of course, Rehanna. Trunks needs to know his aunt." Smiling, Bulma carefully handed the baby to her. Unlike his normal reaction to other people holding him, Trunks giggled and tugged at some of Rehanna's hair. Eyes softening, she cradled the little boy in the crook of one arm. Bringing the other hand up to her mouth, she bit the tip of her pinky, drawing three drops of blood, and put it to Trunks' mouth.

"May you always be strong, my nephew." Bulma didn't say anything. It felt like she would be interrupting something important. Like a ritual. "You will always be a royal prince and a warrior." She handed the baby back to Bulma.

"What was that?"

"A ritual. I didn't do it before this because it wasn't quite the right time for it. This time it was. Your son will be a great fighter when he grows up." A slight smile played over her lips like sunshine on the ground through treetops.

**********

Rehanna looked at the TV. "Well, finally."

Startled, Yamcha looked at her. "Finally?"

"I've been waiting for this."

**********

On the Lookout, Trunks looked at Rehanna almost imploringly. "Will you please tell me what that word meant that you said about Cell?"

She sighed. He had been asking for the last two hours. "All right." Walking to an edge of the platform, she beckoned to him, then started whispering in his ear, to the great amusement of Vegeta.

"

With a WHAT?!?!"

"A goat, two spoons, and a set of lock picks. Oh, and a roll of duct tape."

"Please excuse me." Looking very green in the face, Trunks ran off in the direction of the bathroom, clutching his stomach. What sounded like puking came back from that direction and Vegeta collapsed on the ground laughing.

"I cannot believe you told him what it meant. Oh, Kami, his face..." Rehanna couldn't answer, since she was laughing too. Piccolo, who had heard what she had been whispering, appeared to be trying not to barf.

**********

They all stared at the archway leading to the Room of Spirit and Time. Footsteps could be heard within, and in a minute Goku and Gohan came out. Rehanna stared in shock, more so than everyone else. There was a look in Goku's eyes… she hadn't seen that expression in a long time on anyone's face besides her brother. Pure, complete determination, like the little kid who can't quite reach the cookie jar, even with a stool, but is going to keep trying anyway, no matter what it takes. Like someone who knew that they were likely to die soon but was going to keep on fighting. It was a good expression, at least to her. They were good for this world.

**********

Having decided not to train in the Room of Spirit and Time, Rehanna aimlessly threw punches in the gravity room until she got bored. Maybe she should go check up on K-san. Yes, that would be good. Slowly she flew to his house, but spotted him fishing with K-san-nigou. At least, Kakarot was fishing. Krillin just watched as he jumped onto the fish's back and rode it off the waterfall, finally throwing it at Krillin, laughing all the while. A tiny, amused smile curled Rehanna's mouth. Unlike her brother, she liked Kakarot a lot. He was a big sweetie. He had a good heart. She wouldn't disturb him.

**********

The day of the tournament had arrived. Rather than follow her brother, Rehanna flew with everyone else. At the ring, she kissed her brother on the cheek, ignoring the camera man and the reporter, and looked at Cell. He looked impassive, except for the tiny smile on his face. Then her eyes turned to Mr. Satan and she stepped up onto the white platform for a moment and approached the little trio of newsmen and champion.

"Uh...ma'am, would you give us...your name, possibly?" The reporter offered her the microphone. She looked at him.

"My name is Rehanna, if you insist on bothering me." Turning back to Mr. Satan, who was about a foot and a half taller than she was, she levitated up until they were at eye level and looked straight in his eyes. "Go home, little boy. You're out of your league." With that, she landed again and walked back over to where the others were. The reporter talked loudly into his microphone about this comment, then fell silent for the time being.

Creaking slightly, Juurokugou walked over to them. He smiled slightly and thanked Krillin, who voiced his amazed opinion on the android's new repairs. Goku attempted to introduce himself, but was received coldly. With a tiny smile, Rehanna looked over the tall android and spoke in that same cool, calm voice. "Hello, Juurokugou. Glad you're fixed."

Piroshki and Caroni arrived with Pisa, and the fighting finally began. It was very hard not to laugh out loud as they and their teacher were defeated and Goku stepped into the ring. The fight began. Smiling slightly, Rehanna watched.

**********

He had quit. That surprised her. Saiyans rarely quit, she knew from experience. And Kakarot had chosen his son to fight Cell next. That did not surprise her. She trusted in the boy and could tell that he had a great deal of power.

But then came the Cell Juniors. She watched in horror with the others as eight blue copies of the abomination unfolded themselves and stood to fight. They were instructed, and then flew at the group, one coming straight for her. Before doing anything else, she held up a hand, smiling at the small thing. Blinking, the thing stopped. She stepped forward. "Do you really need to do this, chibi? I can think of any number of alternatives. We don't need to fight, but we could have a competition." The thing looked confused, then went back to flying at her, and she laughed. "Never mind."

It blocked her first kick, and her second and third. For ten minutes she just tested how strong it was, then nodded, smiling. Her smile looked insane. Taken aback by the sudden change of face, the chibi Cell back up. "It's time, little bug. It's time for me to really demonstrate my full power." Still smiling, she spread her arms out wide as if to hug the creature, palms facing forward to the sun. Ki started to pour into her as she concentrated her mind.

There were clatters in several dimensions as fighters felt their ki drain away into something else. The Cell Juniors felt it. Even the Z Senshi lost trace amounts of ki. Even the original Cell himself. Rehanna's eyes met her opponent's. "You feel it. Yes. Good. It's time."

"KA..." Her eyes lit up, a brighter shade of green than was normal for even the lightest-eyed Super Saiyan. "MI..." Muscles bulged. "KA..." Hair blew away from her eyes with the rising power. "ZE..." She was nearly ready. "HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A thin beam of ki shot from all along her spread arms and the top of her chest. Slicing towards the beast, it changed colors, from red to orange to yellow to green to blue to purple to deepest black to the most blinding shade of white. The Cell Junior held up its hands, suddenly smiling, and the beam...

Stopped. Stopped and bounced off the thing's arms, up into the air and into the far reaches of outer space. There was a quiet sound of disbelief as Rehanna sagged, having used up a great deal of ki in powering that blast. Snickering, the thing came closer and kicked her in the stomach, making her fall back, dropping down. What followed was a series of vicious attacks that were badly blocked by the now weakened Saiyan, combined with a hard tug on her tail. She fell to the ground, soon in the same bad position most of the others were in.

Before she blacked out, Rehanna looked up to see Juurokugou's head being crushed and Gohan exploding into a new level of power. Her voice came out as a croak. "Good boy. I knew you could do it." And she murmured something else and floated away into oblivion.

On a little breeze, Vegeta caught the quiet words that Rehanna had said just before lapsing into unconsciousness. "Ai shiteru, Saiyan no oh."

**********

Some time a couple months after the final defeat of Cell...

An outraged yell resounded through the house. "Vegeta! Where did you hide my armor?!"