Children At Play

Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo and I don't claim to, so don't sue me.

It was a few months after Tenchi's wedding, which had been exceptionally large, due to the fact that he was marrying five women at the same time. Together in the living room, his five wives smiled. Washu looked down at her growing stomach and patted it tenderly, her eyes gentle. More recently pregnant, Kiyone looked over at her.

"Washu?"

"Yes, dear?"

"

When the baby comes....will you help me? I've never cared for children before."

"Of course, Kiyone. I'll do the best I can." Glancing over at Ryoko, her smile grew slightly. "And you, my little space pirate. I can't wait until you have children. It'll certainly be interesting to see how they turn out."

Golden eyes flickering for a moment to Washu's stomach, Ryoko grinned. "I'm betting your kid'll grow up to be some kind of scientist. If you get enough influence in, all our kids will have some sort of scientific interests. But if I get enough of my influences in...." Her grin spread.

Ayeka sniffed. "If you get any of your influences in, our children will grow up to be cruel, ignorant savages." Nearly baring her teeth, Ryoko turned to Ayeka. Washu held up a calming hand.

"Cool off, you two. Our children will be perfect, never you worry. I think I hear Tenchi." Getting up, she walked, or more to say waddled in a dignified manner, over to the living room door and opened it up. Tenchi came in. Walking back over to the couch, Washu sat down, and Tenchi kissed each of his wives, then settled down on the couch between Washu and Mihoshi.

"How are you all?" A chorus of wonderfuls answered him. He looked very happy about this. Not too long after, Washu started craving clams and hot and sour soup constantly. Tenchi tried his best to help her. One day, when she, Ayeka, and Tenchi were talking in the living room, she suddenly dropped to her knees, gasping. Ayeka and Tenchi's eyes widened, and Tenchi knelt down beside her.

"Washu, what is it? What's happening?" Turning her head, Washu fixed him with a wide, rather pained green gaze. She was breathing rhythmically now.

"Baby's coming. Get me.....into my lab. There's proper......equipment to help me.....in there." Blinking, Tenchi nodded, and he and Ayeka gently helped her to the lab. Once there, still in labor, she called up her computer. "Type what I tell....you to." He nodded again, and started entering exactly what Washu began to tell him. It transported them all to a large room, and Washu appeared on the hospital table near the middle. There were robots all around, and they started work immediately. Tenchi and Ayeka were shooed out an open portal, where they waited nervously. It was difficult for Tenchi to keep himself from biting his nails.

After several hours of apprehensive waiting, Tenchi was allowed back into the room. One robots shushed him, since Washu had fallen asleep. Next to her on a bassinet was a small baby boy with black hair that had red highlights shooting through it. He was sleeping too. Tenchi smiled and leaned over to kiss Washu softly on the forehead. Yawning enormously, she opened her eyes and looked straight into Tenchi's.

"Rise and shine, hon." Washu smiled when she heard Tenchi's voice, then looked over at the baby. Her eyes seemed to shine slightly.

"Arin."

Tenchi blinked. "What?"

"Let's call him Arin."

*****

When they had learned that Washu was pregnant, Tenchi had lain down some rules about the children. One, any child of his was primarily taken care of by his or her mother. Two, nobody was allowed to try and turn one of his children against their mother. Three, any influences could be possible, but, (please, please, PLEASE) try not to swear to much around the kids.

H

aving a baby of her own was near bliss for Washu. Since the first time she had ever held her first child in her arms, she had loved babies. Now she had another baby, another little boy, and this time nobody would take him away. A couple months after Washu had Arin, Kiyone gave birth to triplets, all girls, who they named Sanna, Sarra, and Salla. They all had teal hair, but a bit darker than Kiyone's. Everyone was very helpful to the two mothers, especially Kiyone, who had a lot of work on her hands.

Ryoko became pregnant, and gave birth to another girl, who she named Catala. Even as a baby, Catala had an impressive shock of cyan hair like her mother's. Eventually Ayeka had two twin boys that she named Yosho and Azusa, who both had incredibly dark blue-purple hair. Last but not least, Mihoshi ended up being the mother of triplets, except all boys, unlike Kiyone's. She named them Koral, Konal, and Kodal. Despite the difference in the children's ages, they all loved each other, but their personalities tended to be wildly different depending on who their mother was.

Catala was a wild, strong girl with a great love of fighting and occasionally causing trouble. Arin was very intellectual and loved anything to do with science, especially biology and physics. The twins, as Yosho and Azusa were normally referred to, were very quiet, polite boys with enormously short tempers. The girl set of triplets, Sanna, Sarra, and Salla, were very pleasant, practical, and smart. By far the most troublesome children, not counting Catala, were Koral, Konal, and Kodal. Unlike their mother, they enjoyed arguing, normally at the top of their lungs, and though smart, they were rather dangerous. Occasionally it caused problems if they didn't control the strength they had.

One day, Tenchi and all his wives were relaxing on the lawn. The children were playing together. Arin and Kiyone's triplets were all the same age, and the rest of the children were close behind. Catala had been born a year after Arin, Sanna, Salla, and Sarra, and the twins were born a year after Catala. Koral, Konal, and Kodal were born in December the same year as the twins. At the time, the girl triplets and Arin were all six, Catala was five, and the twins and the boy triplets were four.

Sasami Tsunami, as she called herself now, came flying over to them from the horizon, waving. "Hi, everyone! I came to tell you something."

"Hey, Sasami! What is it?"

"I had a dream about all of you last night. I thought maybe you should know what it was."

"A dream? Ok. Tell us."

"I was sitting on the ground, and I was watching all of you and the children and I kept seeing more children. Many, many children, and everyone was happy. I think this means that there will be more kids, and happiness, forever." She smiled, brushing blue hair from her face. "Well, I really must be going now. I have a planet to look after!" Waving again, she flew off.

Catala came running up to Ryoko, followed by the small horde of other children. "Okaasan, will you tell us a story?" The other children agreed, begging their mothers and father for a story. Tenchi smiled at his children.

"All right. We'll tell you about how your mothers came to Earth, and what we did together." His children nodded enthusiastically, clamoring for them to tell.

Ryoko smiled widely. "It started with Planet Jurai......."