Not Your Ordinary DBZ

Disclaimer: Don't own any animes pictured here, wish I did, not trying to claim I do, Rehanna is mine, nobody sue me.

Author's Note: Don't try to understand this story. You'll just get a headache.

Krillin made a small mmph of protest as Rehanna slapped a large piece of duct tape over his mouth. Standing back, Juuhachigou chuckled, and Marron tugged on her father's arm.

"Krillin, what did I tell you about singing? DO NOT SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mmphing again, Krillin glared at Rehanna. Tugging at the duct tape, he found that for some reason he couldn't get it off. Over in one corner, Goten and Trunks were hitting each other with mallets.

Suddenly, a large 16 ton weight fell out of the sky and landed on Vegeta. After tipping it over, he reached up a hand and peeled himself off the ground. Waddling away, the now plate-shaped Saiyan muttered irritably.

"Well. Today certainly isn't the most ordinary day, is it, Gohan?" Goku was grinning as an anvil fell on him. A crack ran up through it and it shattered on top of his head. Somewhere in China, a tiger started to laugh. Gohan didn't respond, since he was busy trying to learn how to play piano while the grand piano he was sitting at was being pulled up on a rope.

A high tune started to emanate from another corner. Floating cross-legged, Piccolo was playing a piccolo. Rehanna blinked at him, then concentrated on picking up any unusual mental feelings. Ten tons of bricks dropped onto her heads, but she ignored them.

*****

"Mama, Tokimi stole my boomerang!" Looking upset, Tsunami glared up at her mother. "Washu is trying to experiment on us and I want my boomerang back!" Sighing, the Mother of all goddesses leaned over and plucked the boomerang away from Tokimi, handing it back to her little blue-haired daughter.

"Tokimi, how many times have I told you? Don't take Tsunami's toys. And Washu? Even though you're the oldest child, that doesn't give you a right to experiment on your sisters. Tsunami, go play." Happily, the chibi goddess hurried off to play with her boomerang. Hurling it away, she watched as it whistled through the air and lodged itself in the bark of The Great Tree of The Whole General Mish-Mash and knocked off a branch and several leaves.

"Mama, mama, my boomerang is stuck and I can't magic it off!" Sneering, Tokimi looked at her little sister.

"Weakling." In turn, she and Washu each tried to magic the boomerang out of the tree, but even their mother couldn't get it down. Washu looked up at her mother.

"What will this do to the various dimensions?"

"Well….the Sailor Scouts will start showing up in other animes, bad lemons will all focus on Piccolo and Kiyone, the Gundam pilots will learn to have a good social life, earwigs will grow to be ten feet long, and everything will generally be messed up."

"Yipe. We'd better get to work on getting Tsunami's boomerang down and fixing The Great Tree of The Whole General Mish-Mash."

*****

Picking this up, Rehanna relayed it to the others. They stared at each other. Vegeta finally managed to get himself back into his proper shape. He glared at his sister.

"You mean we'll all be like this until some stupid boomerang is yanked out of some idiot tree?"

"Yep." Looking concerned, she glanced at Piccolo, wondering what this would do to his mental health. "Piccolo, are you feeling all right? I mean, you will be subjected to lots of bad lemon fics with Kiyone."

"I don't mind." He was staring into space with a dreamy expression in his eyes and humming a love song. "Kiyone is pretty." Everybody facefaulted. Continuing to hum, he started drawing a bad picture of Kiyone with a kiss mark on it.

"Kami. This is worse than I thought." Frowning, Vegeta watched Piccolo draw. Dende stuck his head out of the clouds. There was a Goku-type grin on his face.

"You called?"

"No. Go away."

"Ok!"

"Boom sticks are pretty. I wish I had a boom stick so that I could make it go boom."

"WHAT?!" Vegeta looked at Rehanna, who now was making strange faces and spouting total nonsense. With uncharacteristic humility, he got down on his knees and grabbed the front of her shirt, shaking her. "Please don't say you'll go weird too. You're my last hope of sanity."

Blinking, she looked down at him, her face twisting into an enormous expression of rage. "Let go, puny mortal, before I am forced to utilize my dreaded KABOOM RAY!!!!!!!!"

"Oh, hell. Please say that I got drunk and that this is all some demented dream." Goku accidentally smashed his nose with a pogo stick. "YOWCH! Guess it isn't a dream."

"On the contrairious. Everything is a dream." Ignoring his obvious discomfort, Juuhachigou started doing handsprings using his chest as a landing pad. After nearly having his ribs broken, he flew up and watched everyone from a cloud.

"I better go scream at those goddess bakas." He looked up at the sky above him. "DENDE!"

"Yes? Ask and it shall be given."

"I need you to get me here." He shot a careful mental image at Dende, who nodded.

"Ok!"

-----ZAP-----

"Mama, when will I get my boomerang back? I'm bored and Nana-ohki doesn't want to play right now." The small purple cabbit sitting a few yards away mewed. "Please say it'll be down soon."

"S

weetie, we're working as hard as we can." The Mother gestured to where Tokimi was halfway up the Great Tree's trunk, trying not to slide down again without success, and Washu was typing furiously on her computer. Grimacing, Tokimi examine a spot where she had ripped her dress on a low branch that hadn't been able to support her weight. The tear was long and jagged, looking irreparable, but with a wave of her hand, Tokimi fixed it.

"Okaasan, can I please try flying up now?"

"No, dear, you won't be able to get close to the Tree without hurting yourself if you fly. Keep climbing. If you want, you can change your skirt to a pair of pants so it will be easier." Tokimi did so. There was a small popping sound, and somebody fell out of the air and nearly squashed Washu.

"Hey, watch it! You almost annihilated me." She thought about this. "Oh, yeah. I can't die." Still exasperated, she examined the man who had just landed on her, leaning over and picking him up by the hair, which was spiked up above his head like a black flame. He had a deep widow's peak, was rather short, and obviously still conscious, since he was glaring at her as he wrenched himself out of her grip. Tsunami giggled.

"What are you laughing at?" Brushing himself off, he looked around. "I guess Dende got me to the right place."

Running over to him, Tsunami tugged on his arm. "Hi! I'm Tsunami. Who're you?" Taken slightly aback by how overly kawaii she was, he looked down at her.

"Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans."

"Hi, Mr. Vegeta. That's Washu, and that's Tokimi. Come and meet my mom!" Vegeta sighed and allowed himself to be pulled along, knowing that if he hit her or anything like that, Bulma would find out somehow and make his life hell. In a minute, he was standing in front of a tall, imposing woman with red-gold hair and large purple eyes

. She looked down at him and concentrated for a moment.

"Hello. You would be…Prince Vegeta? Prince of the Saiyans, wife of Bulma, father of Trunks and Bra?"

He blinked. "Yes."

"All right then. I'm the Mother. What's your trouble?"

"The boomerang." He pointed. "Kakarot is being more idiotic than usual, and all the others are too."

"I'm sorry, I knew something like this would happen. We're working on it. Can you watch Tsunami while I go help my other daughters?"

Vegeta blinked again. "Umm….ok." Sitting down on the grass, he looked at the blue-haired, kawaii goddess that he was supposed to be watching. She looked back at him, smiling adorably, and Nana-ohki hopped into her lap when she sat down.

"Will you play a game with me?"

"All right, all right. What game?"

"Patty-cake!"

What? She wants me to play that idiot Earth game? Well, if it'll get everyone back to normal faster…. "I don't know how."

"I'll teach you!" Tsunami proceeded to teach him how to play patty-cake, and in a few minutes she was playing the clapping game with him cheerfully. He was feeling decidedly ridiculous. Their game was interrupted by Nana-ohki poking Vegeta he the leg. Stopping the game, he glared down at her.

"What is that thing?"

"Myia! Myia myia myia!"

"A cabbit. Nana-ohki can turn into a spaceship."

"You mean to tell me that this little purple cat-rabbit thing can become a spacecraft at will?"

"Yup! Can we get back to the game now?" Nodding in an embarrassed way, Vegeta started playing patty-cake with Tsunami again. Tokimi looked over at them and made a peculiar snorting noise, then started laughing. Pausing for a second, Vegeta glared daggers at her. Over where the goddesses were attempting to get the boomerang down, Washu was looking carefully at Vegeta.

"He's got a worse temper than you, Tokimi, but damn, he's cute."

"Ummm, Washu, should you be talking like that? You're engaged."

"Oh, I'm sure Tenchi won't mind. He's marrying four other women at the same time as me."

"You know what? I pity him."

"Girls, stop chatting and help me!"

They sighed. "Hai, okaasan." Again, both of them started scrambling up the side of the tree, trying to reach the boomerang.

"Wait a second! Idea." Washu tapped the bottoms of her shoes, which suddenly became very, very sticky. Smiling smugly, she started to walk straight up the trunk. Glaring at her, Tokimi crossed her arms and muttered something.

"Show-off." She watched grouchily as Washu wrenched the boomerang free, used her magic to pull the missing branch and leaves over, and meld them back to the tree. Then she jumped down and floated gracefully to the ground, landing on no longer adhesive shoes.

"All done! Tsunami, I got your boomerang down!"

"Cooooool! Thank you, Washu!"

Vegeta looked over. "Can you get me home now?" He was addressing the Mother.

"Of course." She waved her hand, and suddenly he was back on the island, and everyone was being as normal as they could be.

*****

Some time later….

The phone in Capsule Corp. rang. Picking it up, Bulma voice a polite, "Moshi moshi. Who is this?" Whoever was on the other end chattered for a minute or two, with Bulma going "Yes," or "Mmm-hmm," every few moments.

"Can you hold on for a moment?" She put her hand over the receiver. "Vegeta, honey? There's someone named the Mother on the phone, and she wants you to baby-sit her daughter Tsunami."