Disclaimer: I don't own Slayers, dunno who does, but they get the credit for the anime, but not this fic. Fic is mine, don't sue me.

Author's Note: This fic is what might have happened after Episode 4, in case you were wondering. *grins*

What Might Have Happened

Raising a hand full of light, Zelgadis was about to throw it at Lina, when…

"Zelgadis? Honey?" He stiffened and turned. Lina groaned and started to get up, then blinked. Coming towards them through the grass was a woman of about the same height as Zelgadis, with the same color hair. Her outfit was the same as his, except for being cut slightly differently to accommodate her form. She was slim and trim, her hair reached to the center of her back, and she looked a great deal like Zelgadis. Namely, she was also part golem and part demon. "Oh, there you are, Zelly-chan!" She walked over quickly, then looked down at the woman near her feet.

A smile made her face sweet and bright. "You must be that cute little Inverse girl he mentioned last night." Leaning over, she helped Lina up, but then noticed several injuries. After she was finished helping Lina get up, she turned towards Zelgadis, eyes hardening. "Zelly-chan, what happened here?"

Actually looking nervous for once, he waved his hands back and forth in front of his face frantically. "Sidaglez, dear heart, I wasn't going to do anything bad, really!"

The woman, whose name must have been Sidaglez, frowned at him, but smiled when she turned back to Lina. "I apologize for anything my worthless husband here might have done. No hard feelings?" Startled, Lina shook her head. "Good." She turned back to Zelgadis. "You and I have some talking to do, Zelly-chan. How many times have I told you not to try and kill people just because they have some arcane magical artifact you want that they won't sell you?"

"Ano…er…three thousand times, I think."

Gourry came running up, but skidded to a stop, blinking. "Umm…Lina, who's that?" He pointed to Sidaglez. Lina shrugged.

"She says she's his wife." She waved a hand at Zelgadis. "I think our stone friend here is going to get a serious scolding."

Meanwhile, Sidaglez had grown to about the size of a castle and was scolding her husband loudly, holding him up by the front of his shirt. While Lina and Gourry sat on rocks watching and eating popcorn that they had pulled out of nowhere, Sidaglez berated him about his habit of trying to kill people who had stuff he wanted. It went on for about fifteen more minutes before she shrank again and put Zelgadis down, smiling again.

"I hope I meet you and your friend again sometime, Lina-san. Sayonara!" She walked off, dragging her husband behind her. Zelgadis looked positively petrified.

"Lina, for some reason I don't think we'll be seeing Delzagis or whatever his name is for a while."

Lina nodded and grinned widely. "I think you're right."