The Trouble With Babies

Disclaimer: Same as always. You know the thing.

Bulma worked cheerfully in her lab, making some new machine. Nobody knew quite what it was supposed to do. Trunks, Vegeta, Goten, Gohan, Goku, and Chichi stood, or sat, in various positions, watching her.

"Ok, now if I just connect these two wires, it should work…" The bare wire ends touched. There was a flash. Just after the flash, Rehanna came in.

"Everybody, it's time for WHAT THE HFIL HAPPENED?!?!?!" Around the room, where everyone had been sitting or standing, were babies. They were looking around themselves in confusion. One little blue-haired baby in a very oversized T-shirt and shorts sat on the counter, holding two wires, their ends almost touching. She looked rather stunned. "Oh…Dende. I guess that means I'll need to take care of you all until I find out how to fix this. If you need something, think it at me. I'm sure you remember that I'm telepathic."

Then get me some food, woman! I'm starving.

"None of that, Vegeta. Just because I'm taking care of all of you doesn't mean I'll stand for that tone."

*****

Up on the Lookout, Dende was hiding behind a large chair. Mr. Popo was trying to reason with Rehanna, who had brought a float car with all the babies in it.

"NO, I will NOT be reasonable. Dende, you are going to come OUT here NOW. And who're you calling a baka?" She glared at Vegeta, who smiled as evilly as a one-year-old could smile. Bulma giggled adorably and poked Vegeta, who scowled at her. "Behave. All of you."

Dende looked out from behind the chair, only to find, too late, that as soon as she had seen him, Rehanna had gotten a good grip on his antennae. "Ow! Leggo."

"Not on your life, Dende. I want to know if you can change everyone back."

Dende looked at the cluster of babies. They stared back at him. "You mean to say that those babies really used to be grown up?"

BAKA! Of course we used to be grown up! Aunt Rehanna, I'm hungry. When do we get to eat?

"Ouch! Will you people over there please not shout? Trunks, you'll get food pretty soon." She nodded to Dende. "It's them. Vegeta's over there, and Bulma, Chichi, Goten, Goku, Gohan, and Trunks."

"Wow. How'd that happen?"

"I have no idea. Can you fix them?"

Dende looked curious. "I don't know. Maybe you should try using the Dragon Balls."

"I guess that'd work. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta bring them all back to Capsule Corp. for lunch." She let go of Dende's antennae, loaded the babies into the car, and flew off.

*****

"Bath time! Ladies first." Leaning over, Rehanna scooped up a rather messy Chichi and Bulma. "I never knew babies were capable of being this messy." There wasn't any trouble with baths until it came to the turn of the boys.

But Aunt Rehanna, I don't wanna take a bath! Me neither! I'm having fun. I am not taking a bath unless I am by myself, baka!

"You most certainly are going to take baths. I'll clean off you three first." Gathering up Goku and his two sons, she carried them off to the bath. After some initial struggling on Goten's part, she managed to get them all into the tub. When she was done washing them, she was rather wet from being splashed so much, so she dressed them and carried them out. "You all be good. Trunks, Vegeta, it's your turn."

I will not take a bath unless I'm by myself! I told you all ready. Do I really hafta take a bath, Aunt Rehanna? I wanna stay in here and play.

Grinning, Rehanna produced a large chocolate bar. She waved it in front of the noses of the two babies, who reached out and tried to grab it. "Ah-ah-ah! No chocolate until after the bath." They gave in, and everyone was given a little bit of chocolate. Rolling her eyes up to the ceiling, she smiled. "Chocolate. The solution to everything."

A few hours later, right after she had fed them all, Rehanna stood up. "Nap time. I need to go look for Dragon Balls to fix you."

NO NAP!!!!!

"Ow. Please don't yell at me all at once." She grinned as they all yawned. "Yes nap." Tucking them away in the big guest bed, she smiled fondly. "You look so adorable when you're sleepy, you know that?" Nobody heard her. They had all fallen fast asleep. Bulma sucked her thumb, and snuggled up next to Vegeta, who was smirking a baby smirk as he dreamed. Quietly closing the door behind her, Rehanna tiptoed out, then got the Dragon Radar and flew out the window.

As she flew, she thought about her dilemma. Maybe I don't want to turn them back. They'll grow. But no…I have to. They want me to. And besides, I can hardly keep caring for six babies at a time. If some new enemy arrives, they won't be able to help. I'll most definitely change them back. But they're so cute the way they are! She grinned. I remember asking Father what Vegeta's first word was. I'm not surprised that it was baka. The radar bleeped at her. Oh, good. What a coincidence. Two in the same place.

By the end of the day, she had collected three Dragon Balls and was almost totally exhausted. Flying into the window of the guest room, she looked at the bed. Whew. They were still sleeping. Gohan chose this moment to wake up and start wailing.

Rehanna-san, I'm really hungry. And wet.

The rest of the babies woke up too. They were all both wet and hungry. Sighing, she got to work.

"Phew, Vegeta! You really smelled up your diaper."

Like I can help it.

"Oh, will you be quiet for once? I was out almost all day looking for Dragon Balls to get you wished back to normal. So far I have three. Be nice to me. I'm tired." Yawning wearily, she managed to scowl in a mock-serious manner. "At least there's no moon, so I won't have to worry about keeping the curtains closed."

*****

The next day saw her bringing back two more Dragon Balls. She was very tired, and had commandeered Yamcha and Piccolo to help with the babies. Even though they weren't the greatest substitutes, it was the best she could come up with.

Dende-sama. Piccolo does NOT know how to change a diaper.

"I know, I know." She yawned and looked at the two fighters. "Since you're here, you might as well stay for dinner. Rice, vegetables, and steak. The babies get milk and strained carrots."

I hate carrots! I want the steak and vegetables.

"Oh, shut up, Vegeta. If you're good, you might get rice."

After dinner, Rehanna changed the babies and put them in a playpen she had set up next to the computer. Having nothing else to do, she web surfed. "Wow, Trunks. When did you get so popular, and why didn't you tell us?"

What?

She picked him up out of the playpen and showed him the computer screen. There, on the web browser, was the main page of the 'Temple o' Trunks'. He started giggling.

I wonder who made that website. I wanna look at it more.

"When you're back to normal, nephew of mine. Until then, I'll just bookmark it, OK?"

Ok. As soon as he was back in the playpen he started babbling and gesturing animatedly to Goten, who started giggling too. Vegeta barged over and babbled something at them, looking irritated. They shut up quickly.

*****

Three days later, Rehanna finally had all the Dragon Balls. There were dark circles under her eyes. "Kami. After I summon the dragon and fix you guys, I am going to sleep for three days straight. Piccolo, Yamcha, will you help me with them?" They nodded. "Ok. Yamcha, you get them all home to their rooms so that when they're back to normal, they can get dressed. Piccolo, you help me with the dragon when Yamcha's done."

"If it's just that, then you don't need me."

"Yes, actually, I will need your help, Piccolo. If I fall asleep before I can make the wish, then you can."

It didn't take too long for Yamcha to get everyone home. Rehanna and Piccolo carried the Dragon Balls outside. Several times Rehanna nearly fell over, only catching herself at the last moment. She barely stifled and enormous yawn. Piccolo noticed that when she yawned, she looked like a cat. It was funny. They dropped the Dragon Balls and summoned the dragon.

"Why have you summoned me?"

"Shenlong, Eternal Dragon, whatever your name is, I just need one thing. Can you get Goku, Gohan, Goten, Chichi, Vegeta, Bulma, and Trunks back to normal again so I can get some sleep?"

"Your wish has been granted."

"Thanks. You can go back to whatever you were doing now." The dragon disappeared, and the Dragon Balls flew up into the air and away. "That's a relief." Then she yawned again, fell asleep, and tipped over. Piccolo carried her back into the house, where he and Bulma got her tucked into bed. She was so heavily asleep that when Trunks tried blowing a very loud boat horn in her ear, she didn't even stir.

Everybody was grateful to Rehanna, but they couldn't tell her so, since she had been sleeping for two days straight. It looked like she was going to sleep for another day. Trunks, however, managed to find Rehanna's bookmark of the Temple o' Trunks and spent a great deal of time looking at it. He eventually had to be dragged away from the computer, but it was fun anyway.

When she finally woke up and ate something, the bags under Rehanna's eyes had disappeared completely. Smiling, she went about her usual business in the house. For a time she cleaned up a bit everywhere, even in the lab. Entering the lab, she cleaned up, then set down her cleaning tools for a moment. There was an unfinished machine of Bulma's resting on the table, two wires running from it to end abruptly, simply resting on the table.

"I think I know how to finish this." She picked up the two wires and brought their ends together. There was a bright flash, and a black-haired baby girl sat on the counter, holding the wires and looking stunned.

Oh, shit.